Mung Bean, Tomato & Coconut Curry
Splash of Peanut Oil or Canola Oil
6-8 Garlic Cloves
1 Tin Crushed Tomatoes 14-17oz.
1.5"-2" Piece of Ginger
1 Tbsp Cumin
2 Tbsp Corriander
1 Tbsp Turmeric
1 Tsp Cayenne
3-4 Cups Water
2 Cups Mung Beans
1 tin Coconut Milk
Juice of 1 Lime
1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
Method 1. In a large Dutch oven, heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the cumin seeds and cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes until it has browned.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine, then add ginger, coriander, turmeric, 1 tsp salt, and cayenne. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stir so it doesn't burn. Add water & bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover & cook until beans are cooked 40-45 minutes.
6. Turn off heat & mix in Coconut Milk & Cilantro & Lime Juice